Pretty good game, really liked the spritework. The problem? Almost everything crashes the game to the point of trying to change the options or saving is downright impossible
Mori Story Reboot Demo (Taiga Voyage)
Welcome to Taiga Voyage, AKA the Mori Story Reboot Demo.
This is a bit of a project I've been working on as sort of a remake of my original Mori Story demo from a little while back. The original demo used "GB Studio" as it's main engine, but I wanted to see what I could do with RPG Maker as the main engine in the reboot project, and see how far I could take it. I went from a Gameboy inspired style to a sort of Gameboy color/NES inspired style by giving the world more color and form.
This demo is similar to the original in content, as it recreates the original first quest, but there's also quite a bit of new content during and after the first quest too, as well as another playable character.
Please bear in mind that this demo is sort of a prototype of a fuller game I plan to make, which will likely be much different from beginning to end, so there's going to be a couple default RPG Maker assets present here (like the title screen for example). All of the overworld, character, monster, and cutscene graphics are original, however. Same goes for the music of the game.
About the Game
You are Moridachi Taiga, a cat boy who decided to help his old friend Frank find his necklace. The story brings you through the first island of the world, as you search for this necklace, fight different monsters, meet new friends, and more.
Uncover the mysteries of the past, and discover the strange group trying to obtain the necklace for themselves.
Like the previous gameboy demo, this is a sort of prototype for a larger idea. This specific piece of software is probably not going to be getting any updates, unless someone points out something game breaking (Since I've never exported an RPG Maker MV project as a web file before, I don't know if there's anything I missed in particular).
Here are credits for every single thing in this game:
Artwork, music, writing, character design, and a whole bunch of other stuff:
- Azeleon (AKA Me)
- Deflemask (Used to create a couple of the early songs)
- Famistudio (Used to create the majority of the soundtrack)
- RPG Maker MV (The game engine)
- Yanfly/Yanfly Engine http://www.yanfly.moe/wiki/Main_Page
- Galv https://galvs-scripts.com
- SumRndmDde http://sumrndm.site/
- Masked https://forums.rpgmakerweb.com/index.php?members/masked.73046/
- Casper Gaming https://www.caspergaming.com/
- RPG Maker Irina https://atelieririna.itch.io/
- Himeworks https://himeworks.com
- Caethyril https://forums.rpgmakerweb.com/index.php?threads/caethyrils-plugins.106255/
Sound effects/Samples credits:
- Deflemask default samples
- "Night time crickets call" by Clearwavsound - https://creativecommons.org/licenses/by/3.0/ (Modified)
Nanum Pen Script
Here's the original soundtrack of this whole demo, if you'd like to listen to it.